We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to helping you understand how we manage and protect the personal data we collect from you.
2. Who are we and how can you contact us?
The controller of your personal data is Miona Majstorović Lemaître, for GiftedLab – Miona Lemaître: SIRET (Tax Identification Number): 880 457 270 000 10, contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com (hereinafter: “Controller”). This means that we, as the controller, collect and process your personal data and determine the manner and purpose of the processing. Some of your data may be collected online (for example, when you choose to create a Platform account and become a user, and some of your data may be collected on paper, for example, if you are a professional that we recommend to our Users or third-party services, as explained below).
3. Categories of data that the controller collects
The Controller provides services consisting of a variety of activities for children, parents, educators, professionals, teams, organizations, etc., with the aim of nurturing and developing the potentials of the users of the Platform. These services are available via the Platform and include, among others, a myriad of classes, courses, workshops, coaching, podcasts, book activities, etc. (“Services”).
In order to enable the provision of Services to users of the Platform, the Controller collects several categories of personal data, depending on the situation.
If you only access the Platform without creating an account on the Platform, the Controller does not collect any personal data from you.
- Data processed when opening an account on the late Platform – User data
In the event that a person wishes to obtain a Service available on the Platform, he/she must open an account on the Platform, in which case the following data will be collected: name, contact details (email and telephone number), chosen Service, country of residence, and in the case of minor users, their age. This data is collected for the purpose of providing the Chosen Service and we must collect it in order to open the account and provide the Service. If you do not provide this data, we will not be able to open the Platform account and provide the Services.
We do not collect any sensitive health data about children or any other User of the Platform.
If you choose to purchase a book or product available on the platform, the controller will also collect your address, so that the product can be shipped to you.
- Data processed when making recommendations and referrals
It may happen that a user of the Platform or a third party wishes to obtain services similar to those available on the Platform. In this case, the Data Controller may direct them to another professional capable of providing the requested service.
If you are a professional/educator who wishes to be recommended by the Controller, the Controller will process your personal data which includes: the professional’s contact details (email and telephone number), area of expertise, and country of residence, so that the Controller can recommend your services to a third party. This data may be collected by the Controller, for example, by contacting you directly via the publicly available contact information, or you may choose to contact the Controller directly and leave your contact information.
It may also happen that the Controller recommends you or your product (e.g. a book you have written) to a third party platform without prior direct contact with you, by sharing publicly available information (your name, possibly your contact) with that platform. This is because the Controller may receive an affiliate fee for this recommendation and has a legitimate business interest in recommending authors and other professionals whose data is publicly available. If you do not wish the Controller to process your data for this purpose, you may object to such processing by sending an email to the Controller, and the Controller will cease processing your name and publicly available contact details.
My website participates in the Amazon Services LLC Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn money by advertising and linking to Amazon. As an Amazon Partner, I make a profit on qualifying purchases.
- Data processed for sending newsletters and publishing testimonials
In the event that the Controller wishes to send you newsletters relating to the Platform and Services, the Controller will process your email address and the name of the Service you previously requested. We will send you newsletters on the basis of your prior consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link and we will stop sending you newsletters.
If you wish to leave a testimonial about a Service, the Controller will publish your name (with only the initial letter of your last name) and, if applicable, your photo with your testimonial, and will process your name, the name of the Service you used and your photo, if you have chosen to disclose it, for this purpose. If you wish to help us or other users by providing a testimonial about the Service you used, we will obtain your consent before publishing your testimonial, your name, and possibly your photo on the Platform. You may withdraw your consent, and we will delete your testimonial, i.e. it will no longer be published on the Platform by sending an email to the Data Controller.
- Data we collect via the online contact form
If you wish to contact us with an inquiry, we process your personal contact data so we are able to respond to such inquiry (your name, e-mail address, and your country).
4. Purpose of processing and legal basis for processing
We process your data for the following purposes:
- in order to create an account on the Platform and provide Services;
- to better understand which particular Services are most appropriate for a user of the Platform, based on their skills, abilities, and preferences;
- to recommend your professional Services to users of the Platform and to third parties in case such a service is not available on the Platform;
- so we may respond to your inquiries;
- in order to send newsletters to current and former Platform users and to notify them of Platform-related news that may be of interest to them;
- to offer potential users of the Platform experiences and recommendations from other Platform users by publishing testimonials.
We process your data: a) on the basis of your consent (in case of sending newsletters; publishing testimonials) ; or b) on the basis of the conclusion or performance of an agreement (in case of opening an account on the platform and providing services or in case of recommending your professional services to Platform users or third parties through direct contact or in case you make an inquiry using our contact form), or c) on the basis of a legitimate interest (in case of recommending professionals or their products to third-party platforms without prior direct contact between the professionals and the Controller),
You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to the Controller and we will stop processing the data we process on the basis of your consent.
5. With whom we share your personal data
We may share your data with our partner who provides hosting/maintenance or web design services. If Services are provided using another communication platform such as social networks, video conferencing tools, etc, the necessary details with these services may be shared in accordance with the privacy policies of these platforms.
Your data can be accessed by the Controller and persons professionally engaged (GiftedLab ‘s collaborators) to provide Services via Platform. Access to the data is by means of a specific login and password, without further dissemination.
If you are a third-party professional that we can recommend to a Platform user, we will share your contact details and area of expertise with the Platform user/third-party platform so that they can contact you.
6. Protecting the integrity of your data
The controller ensures that your data is secure. Appropriate technical and organizational measures have been implemented to protect your data against unauthorized processing, accidental loss, damage, or destruction. Measures used include encryption, limited and controlled access to data, passwords, etc.
7. How long we keep your personal data
The user’s data is kept until the user’s Platform account is valid. Once the user deletes their Platform account, we will delete all their personal data, except for their email address and the Service used.
We will retain the email and the name of the used Service after the deletion of the Platform account only if you have previously given your consent to receive newsletters.
If users or former users no longer wish to receive newsletters and withdraw their consent by contacting us by e-mail, we will delete this data and cease processing it.
In addition, if you no longer wish to have your story published on the Platform, you can withdraw your consent by contacting us by email at, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your testimonial, your name, and your photo.
We will keep the data of the recommended professionals as long as the professionals are interested in cooperating with the controller, i.e. they wish to be recommended by the controller. In the event that the controller recommends a professional without prior direct contact, by collecting his or her publicly available contact data, the controller will retain this data until the professional objects to this processing by sending an email to the controller.
Data we collect via our online contact form, we keep for 1 month.
8. Data transfer
Personal data processed by the Controller is stored in France.
Only those personal data necessary for the provision of the Services may be accessed by persons professionally engaged by the Controller for the provision of the Services – teachers from non-EU countries (Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia, and Herzegovina) in order to facilitate the provision of these Services, i.e. for the conclusion/performance of a contract. In these cases, teachers access the data only via Platform, using a special login and passwords, without collecting, storing, further disseminating, or otherwise processing the data. This data remains fully protected by the Controller by means of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
In case personal data of professionals/educators for referral purposes are sent to recipients outside the EU – users of the platform (persons seeking referral) from Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Bosnia, and Herzegovina, this transfer will be made on the basis of the consent of the referred professional.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- If you would like us to send you a copy of your personal data that we process, you can contact us with this request;
- If you believe that the personal data we are processing is inaccurate or incomplete, you can contact us to request rectification;
- If you wish to access your personal data, you can contact us with this request;
- If you wish to restrict the processing of your personal data, i.e. if you wish us to delete and stop processing, you can contact us with the appropriate request and we will respond in accordance with the law;
- If you do not wish to receive our emails (newsletters) in which we inform you about various promotions and services, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of each email;
- Where we process your data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will cease such processing;
- You have the right to request to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and you have the right to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance, in accordance with the law;
- If you consider this to be justified, you have the right to object at any time to the processing necessary for the fulfillment of our legitimate interests, and we will cease such processing if there are legal grounds for doing so;
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, at any time;
- If the processing of your personal data is automated, you have the right to obtain human intervention, to express your opinion, and to object to a decision based solely on automated processing, in accordance with the law.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the competent authority mentioned in point 10 of this document.
You can exercise the above rights by contacting the controller by e-mail: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Competent authority
Authority competent for data protection is
Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
3 Place de Fontenoy
Tel: +33 (0)22.214.171.124.22
Fax: +33 (0)126.96.36.199.00
to whom you may lodge a complaint in accordance with the law.